I’m nearing the end of Whole30. This means that my cravings are getting very specific and weird. For example, I want mac and cheese, but only if it has extra sharp cheddar. Similarly, I don’t want cookies, I want uncooked cookie dough.
I’m prepping for day 31, by bringing you my favorite edible (read: eggless) cookie dough. This particular batch was used in between cake layers. And that cake, my dears, was bonkers.
This recipe is quick and easy, so let’s keep this post the same.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- ½ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Sift flour into a medium bowl, then whisk in the baking soda and salt.
- Beat the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on medium-high speed in a large bowl until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until well incorporated. If the mixture is too dry, add your milk.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a rubber spatula